Text message alert sound
irvson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new LG Revere. When I receive a text message,  the phone makes some sort of alert vocal sound. I can set the text message alert ring tone, but how do I turn off that alert vocal sound?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text message alert sound
irvson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed! The "Voice Commands" menu -- confusing as I find it to be -- did the trick. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This question, and another regarding a "voice" or "vocal" alert, leads me to believe you have Voice commands enabled.  I'm not sure where this is on the Menu system for the Revere - explore Menu, Tools, Sounds, Voice Commands, Alerts - see if there is a setting for those to be toggled on or off.  You may also look in your user manual for those keywords to see if there is anything there that will lead to a way to turn these off.

** Update - Page 65 of the user manual has info on the Voice Commands and turning the prompts to Readout/Readout + Alerts/Tones only  I think you want tones only....

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/lg_revere/revere.pdf

0 Likes
irvson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, SuzyQ. Your "**update" points me in the right direction. It will take a few days until I know whether the issue us resolved. (I had searched through the manual before posting but couldn't find any answers.)

0 Likes
irvson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed! The "Voice Commands" menu -- confusing as I find it to be -- did the trick. Thanks again.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smiley Happy  Glad I could help you!

0 Likes