Text message reply
NAUIDiverjim

If I reply to a text message that was orginally sent to several people will my text message reply only go to the person who sent it to me.  Or will it go to all the people the orginal  text message was sent to?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text message reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NAUIDiverjim,

I would love to shed some light on the situation for you today. If you are replying to a message that was sent to you along with several other people, everyone would receive the message. It would be considered a group message so to stay in the same thread, everyone would receive the message. If you want just the person who sent it to you to receive the message only, you would have to exit the group message and send a message to that person seperately or start a new message. I certainly hope that helps.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I haven't had a basic phone in a while but if group message it should go to all. Could be wrong.  You can always test it or just create a new message intended only for one per5

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Person

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

On some phones you can specify to reply to all, or reply to sender only....  with a group text, I believe the default is to reply to all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NAUIDiverjim,

I would love to shed some light on the situation for you today. If you are replying to a message that was sent to you along with several other people, everyone would receive the message. It would be considered a group message so to stay in the same thread, everyone would receive the message. If you want just the person who sent it to you to receive the message only, you would have to exit the group message and send a message to that person seperately or start a new message. I certainly hope that helps.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes