The end button on my Samsung Brightside isn't working is there any other way to turn on my phone?
akawahata

The end button on my Samsung Brightside isn't working is there any other way to turn on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The end button on my Samsung Brightside isn't working is there any other way to turn on my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey akawahata!

What an odd situation. But no need to worry because we've got the power on our end to get you back up and running.

Right off the bat, I'm very sorry to learn of the "end" button not working on your Brightside. May I ask if there's any physical or liquid damage? When did it stop responding? On the Brightside, there's no alternate option to power on the device other than using the power or end key but let's try a few things. First, please pull the battery for up to 60 seconds, reinsert, and then hold the power key for up to 30 seconds. If that doesn't help, please hook the device up to your charger and try powering on that way. We may need to look into replacement options honoring the manufacturer's warranty or insurance (based on line provisioning) if necessary. Please share results.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: The end button on my Samsung Brightside isn't working is there any other way to turn on my phone?
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem as the member posted above -my power button will no longer work and now I can't turn my phone back on. 

I tried the suggestion you mentioned: pulling the battery for 60 seconds and then reinserting and holding the power button for 30 secs but it still won't turn on. I also tried restarting while on the charger. I think the phone has been replaced once already and from what I can see this issue appears to be a manufacturer defect as several other Verizon customers have posted about the exact same issue.
I hope you'll be able to have someone reach out to me to help me with resolving this issue, without being forced to spend my way out of a crappy phone that Verizon sold.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Meaghan515,

We would be delighted to help out today. Does your device have any signs of physical damage? When was the device originally purchased? All devices do come with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's beyond the 1 year warranty, but I cannot "upgrade" until April. There

are NO signs of physical or water damage. - The power button simply stopped

being functional - just like the 15 other users' who've left messages about

this specific phone on this Verizon forum.

I had several software issues with this phone in the first month or 2 when

I bought it while it was well under warranty at that time but this is

simply frustrating at this point. I've had other phones last the full two

years but this one has a number of bad manufacturing defects.

I would like to see Verizon resolve this issue and allow me to upgrade my

phone now, without any penalty, before I switch carriers.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meaghan515,

Let's make sure that we get you a working device right away! Do you have any insurance features on the device? In most cases, when insurance is present on the account, an extended warranty is included which will allow us to replace the device even after the one year manufacturer warranty.

I have sent a request to start following you. Please accept the request and follow us back and send us a direct message including your mobile number so that we can further review your account.

EfrainM_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Afternoon,

I've added you. I do not have insurance on my phone. (removed) is my

mobile number.

I understand that a replacement may not be eligible at this time, but I

would be satisfied if  Verizon would be willing to resolve this issue by

allowing me to upgrade my phone now, before my March 31 renewal, WITHOUT

any penalty.

Thank you.

Meaghan

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can  understand the frustration of having a phone that is not functioning properly Meaghan515. I will call you today between 12pm-3:00pm to verify your account and review your options. We have a few programs that may work for you like our Edge program http://vz.to/1bNWT6v or CPO program http://vz.to/16vfYHl . I look forward to speaking with you.

KinquananH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

No call was received.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you didnt receive a call back Meaghan515. I will call you today so that we can discuss your issues. We truly want to ensure you have a working phone. Its our #1 priority to keep you a happy customer. I look forward to speaking with you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes