Total nonsense
JOHMIL32

I received two Kyocera DuraXV phones from a friend who no longer needed them. I called Verizon to assist in transferring one of them to a non-Verizon account that had cheap plan that only allowed 100 mins of talk and 100 texts per month. After 10 calls to tech support and 30 hours of my time on the line I was finally informed that these were prepaid phones and that Verizon will not unlock them per policy as I didn’t use them for a year.  Over the course of these calls I was dropped 3 times, told different stories 7 times, and lied to twice. Then the bombshell was dropped that all along they wouldn’t give me the unlock code due to policy! All this over a flip phone that retailed for $200 dollars 3 years ago. I tried so hard to find a financially reasonable solution to provide my daughter with a basic phone for emergency purposes. Instead I wasted my time thinking Verizon was there to help. Absolute joke on me. I‘ve decided to take the $2000 I spend on our phone plan the last year elsewhere.  I’m writing to say that your customer service is horrible. You don’t promote customer loyalty. You don’t train your tech support staff well. And you don’t make smart decisions when it comes to retaining customers.

For your sake I hope I’m one of the few that slipped through the crack and not a new trend

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Total nonsense
boringusername
Master - Level 1

if you're trying to activate that on MVNO that uses Verizon's network you won't be able to as those phones are CDMA only and Verizon is getting rid of it's CDMA network and doe snot allow CDMA only phones to be activated on it's network

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The MVNO might still allow CDMA phones to be activated on their accounts, but that would depend on their policies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

The MVNO might still allow CDMA phones to be activated on their accounts, but that would depend on their policies.

While Verizon did give some MVNO an extension until Dec 31 2018 if their MVNO allowed it they wouldn't be having issues. Either way people should be moving on to LTE basic phones.

0 Likes