Transfering pictures, ringtones, etc. from a computer to a LG Revere .
roar822

Is it possible to do this?  If so, how would I go about it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfering pictures, ringtones, etc. from a computer to a LG Revere .
chasbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see the Mod gave out false info and didn't correct it.

I think the Revere is the replacement for the Accolade LGVX 5600. You can try Bit Pim and follow the instructions and links in these threads. Will it work, Don't know.    You can also email the picts from phone to computer. Check your manual

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Basic-Phone-Discussions/LG-Accolade-drivers/m-p/548126#M3310

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new phone! The Revere is a great device!  The best way to transfer media is by using the Verizon Wireless media manager.  Here is the link to download it.  This will help you transfer pictures and music.  As far as your ringtones go, where did you get them from? Depending on where you got them from you might be able to transfer them using the media manager.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Transferring pictures, ringtones, etc. from a computer to a LG Revere .
Alexey

This is good to know. But LG Revere is not listed among compatible devices. Does it matter? Could I still use the application for desktop?

Thank you.

0 Likes
arcoili

Same question - I just purchased the Revere and I'm trying to connect to it using V Cast. V Cast won't list the phone so how does one transfer files between the phone and a computer?

0 Likes
Xenaero

I have the same question. I cannot find a way outlined to data transfer despite being provided with a USB cable. Is this not possible with the LG Revere? If it is possible, what method would be recommended to transfer pictures, etc to and from your handset and your computer?

The VCAST manager did not appear to support the VN150 Revere.

0 Likes
chasbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see the Mod gave out false info and didn't correct it.

I think the Revere is the replacement for the Accolade LGVX 5600. You can try Bit Pim and follow the instructions and links in these threads. Will it work, Don't know.    You can also email the picts from phone to computer. Check your manual

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Basic-Phone-Discussions/LG-Accolade-drivers/m-p/548126#M3310

0 Likes
Re: Transferring pictures, ringtones, etc. from a computer to a LG Revere .
OneDumbCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

No you cannot use it. I wasted my entire afternoon downloading software to my computer, transferring all my music files only to find out it is impossible to transfer pictures or music to the LG Revere. This is so funny because the Verizon rep looked me in the eye and said I could. Where I come from, that's called lying but for cell companies, it's just good business.

0 Likes
OneDumbCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. Tried it. Didn't work. Verizon lied about it. Twice, two different liars from there told me I could.

0 Likes
destin999

I have done it this way: if you have another phone with a sim card and bluetooth, you can connect the two phones together and send the pictures from the LG to the other phone, then use the sim card to load into your computer.  I found it much simpler to connect two phones together with bluetooth than to connect the lg phone to my computer using bluetooth.

0 Likes
rwb2

Just got this LG Revere from Verizon for my wife who just wanted a plain jane phone.  Connected it to my computer to figure how to up/download pictures.  Windows 7 wanted a driver and helpfully pointed me to the download.  Downloaded and installed to find it's a *modem* driver, not a USB mass storage device driver.  Grrr.

The manual (*not* included with the phone, only found by Google) lists an entry for the USB mass storage device setting in the Table of Contents (chapter 3.12) but the actual instructions only go to chapter 3.10.  Again Grrrr.  And the phone doesn't have a matching entry under the tools menu.  My guess is Verizon deliberately disabled that function.  😞  Strike One.

The LG web site has a USB Driver and a "LG Mobile support tool."  Installed them, the LG tool said to install the "Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant"  Windows installed three drivers, but still no USB mass storage device.  A 'LGE CDMA Composite USB Device' does appear in the Windows Device Manager but no drive in 'My Computer'.  Didn't do any upgrading or changing of the phone, it's brand new.  BitPim failed to start after installation, MSVCP71.dll not found, even though that file was in the BitPim program folder.  Uninstalled everything (Revouninstaller is great!) and even considered system restore - I like my system clean.  Strike Two.

I have a Bluetooth dongle for the desktop, so installed that and paired the phone with it.  Finally getting some where - the phone has a 'send to Bluetooth' option in the pictures menu, and that works to copy/send one or more pictures to a folder on the PC.  The Bluetooth support in Win7 also has operations to 'Browse and Transfer files' which also worked from the PC, and thankfully that way is bidirectional.  The browser shows just two folders on the phone: Pictures and Sounds.  The Win7 operation, 'Send files to remote device' didn't work - or at least I can't find anything I sent on the phone.  Call this a clean double, but could be much better.

Bottom line:  use Bluetooth to transfer pictures to/from phone.  Verizon makes much harder than necessary because they apparently have disabled the LG function 'USB Mass Storage Device.'  Maybe there is some hidden service menu that enables it, but I've not been able to find it.  A potential reason for Verizon to disable this function is to stop users from futzing with the phone internals.  Still no score, but the game is still on.

Message was edited by: <Full name removed for privacy.> on the second day of trying.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes