Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,274 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Transferring contacts from old LG Flip Phone to iPhone
BobbyC777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an old LG VX5400. I want to transfer my contacts to my new iPhone. I doubt I can do this but thought I'd ask. The old phone has its contacts stored internally - not on the Verizon Cloud or anywhere else. I tried texting a contact card from my old phone to the new one but although something arrived there was no visible data.

Perhaps someone at a Verizon store could physically download the information from the old phone. Suggestions?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: Transferring contacts from old LG Flip Phone to iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobbyC777, congratulations on the new iPhone. Being able to have your contacts moved from your old device to the new iPhone. We have a great online tool that will walk you through the steps on how to transfer your contacts. Click on this link for the steps http://spr.ly/6588E6VTn. Please keep us posted if you have any issues.  

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobbyC777
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it would appear that to do this one must do some sort of backup of contacts on the old phone, then activate the new phone with the same 10 digit mobile #. Since I have the new phone already AND it is activated AND it has a different # I guess I'm out of luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried sending them via Bluetooth?

https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/VX5400_QSG.pdf

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have access to your content. Have you already attempted to follow the steps found on this link to transfer your contacts? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212909/

0 Likes
BobbyC777
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Tikibar1 -

Great suggestion about using Bluetooth to transfer contacts!  And I am making progress. The 2 devices see each other but I am not sure what to enter for a passcode on the old Flip Phone.  But when I do enter something it then allows me to Pair and on the iPhone I am asked to enter a PIN. Again - I have no clue what to enter there.  I enter the same code (like 0000 or 1111) and the Flip Phone's  name shows up but in a Not Connected status.

So, I think I'm close - I just need to know what to enter for passcodes & PIN.

Bob

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the default is 0000.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated. The PIN you are looking for can be found in your Verizon Cloud account. Here is a link that will provide you with the steps to find the PIN: http://spr.ly/6585E6XrF.

0 Likes
BobbyC777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried 0000, 1111, 1234 and last 4 digits of phone # - all failed.

When my old Flip Phone asks me to enter passcode whose passcode is that? I think it's that of the "accessory" which in this case is the iPhone.

And when the iPhone asks for a PIN - whose PIN is it?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

p.s. I could have transferred my contact information manually 5 times over by now but what fun would that be !

0 Likes
BobbyC777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also tried going in the other direction - that is, I made the old Flib Phone discoverable. The iPhone recognized it but quickly generated a Pairing Unsuccessful message and said that "LG VX5400" not supported.

0 Likes