Tried to do an equipment change on the VZW site. It failed. Now I'm stuck in limbo with neither phone working.
royallys

I can't afford to wait until customer service opens. Since Verizon ended 24-hour customer service, at least they could have a reliable site, but they didn't and now I'm royally [Removed] . I can't afford to miss four hours worth of calls. How do I get this done without having to wait until customer service deigns to take our calls again?

If there's no way, please tell me how I can get my account number.

[removal of content required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tried to do an equipment change on the VZW site. It failed. Now I'm stuck in limbo with neither phone working.
royallys

This is great. Tried VZW's Twitter page (@VZWSupport). I write directly to them, no answer. Someone else merely mentions them AFTER I wrote, and VZW addresses that tweet instead. I beg them over and over to just acknowledge my presence, and nothing.

Disregard this thread. Going to 7-Eleven to buy whatever non-Verizon phone they have. No answer is needed anymore. Verizon can keep the balance of what would have been my usage for the rest of the month.

It was fun while it lasted, Verizon, but your website being such a failure (sticking me in limbo after a failed equipment change) was bad enough. Your unprofessional practice of taking people out of order was the final straw.

0 Likes
Re: Tried to do an equipment change on the VZW site. It failed. Now I'm stuck in limbo with neither phone working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device gets activated. Has everything been resolved?
KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
royallys

Since you recommended that I follow @VZWSupport, I take it you only skimmed through my second post and missed the essentials. No reasonable person would refollow that account after bring as thoroughly blown off as I was. I DID follow @VZWSupport. I wrote to them several times. I didn't even get acknowledged, much less answered. So I unfollowed them and would never follow them again.

I resolved the problem on my own by buying a Tracfone at a local convenience store this morning. Not an ideal situation, but there are worse things than piggybacking off the AT&T network. As for whether the Verizon phone got activated, I no longer care. My only remaining task with Verizon is to let my remaining days for the month run out and then not renew.

By the way, how exactly would your response have answered my question to the point where clicking "Correct Answer" would have been appropriate? You could at least have pretended to take me seriously instead of glossing over my complaint and then pasting in a form note.

0 Likes