Re: Trouble deleting text messages from Extravert 2
GingerCleo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Elector. I do understand that it is an LG issue, but I have been very unsatisfied with Verizon's handling of it, so I am still considering switching carriers altogether.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

All carriers will handle it the exact same way. Carriers are the middlemen for manufacturers. They set the guidelines.

Not applicable

I can understand your anger on what is not a good customer service experience.

But as another poster said, it would be the same no matter what provider you are on.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

ALL the devices are faulty as it is a software problem!

I replaced it once and the same thing happened. I don’t want ANOTHER extravert(Verizon already refused to exchange it a second time).

By the way, many of you posters are letting Verizon off the hook by saying it is LG’s problem. Not so fast, “Verizon” is emblazoned prominently on the phone.

Therefore, if it was a good product, they would be taking the compliments. Since it is a worthless piece of you know what, they are ignoring their customers. VERIZON nis

responsible for fixing the issue, THEIR name is on the phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly that's not how it works. I wish you the best of luck. Just because it has branding (to differentiate which it is for) and not actual manufacturing and coding means it's all on Verizon. That thinking is why things like this doesn't get fixed. Manufacturers love people like you.

ck1125

Hey everyone, I've been completely with you all on how frustrating it's been with this phone.  I've had all of the same problems, sent messages not saved, messages in the inbox won't delete unless you do them one by one, and even then some are permanently stuck in the inbox and won't delete.  I have been meaning to call Verizon and get another phone because it's been so frustrating but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  I woke up this morning to an unexpected and pleasant surprise though...the elusive update actually came through on my phone and it fixed the glitch!  If you haven't received the update, I am hoping it's on its way to you and very soon...I can now completely erase my inbox in one shot and my sent messages stay on the phone!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MarkPhlipy

Alas, tis not so.  At least not for my son's Extravert 2, which after reading this and several other threads, I'm convinced is a prime example of poor engineering.  Take a casual stroll through the forums (fora?) with "Extravert 2" as the search entry and you'll find a good number of other problems with this phone as well.

Simple fix, Verizon:  replace the phone.  And not with another Extravert.  Something similar in function but not the same phone - or perhaps even the same manufacturer.

You want good customer service reputation: satisfy the customer - I just want a phone that works.  I really don't care what brand, model, or whiz-bang stuff it has.  I want a phone that my son can talk on, and send/receive text messages reliably.

Fix that: junk the faulty model phone, give us a phone that works, and we'll (likely) sing your praises.

There endeth the lesson.

M*

0 Likes
MarkPhlipy

P.S.: what I meant to say is, the update (dated 8/12/14) did nothing to fix my son's Extravert 2 messaging problem, there are still blank messages that will not erase and a message waiting indicator that says new message.  YES, I've removed the battery and let it sit for 30 seconds or more.  YES I've tried to erase the individual message, group, lock and unlock setting, set to erase inbox, etc. etc.  NO I have not done a factory reset because the update shows as properly installed and I don't want my son to lose all his pictures, contacts, and content...particularly since there appears to be no way to back that stuff up beforehand.

SO...poor engineering.

At least that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

M*

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mark, after reading ck1125’s post I checked and indeed, my phone had not updated automatically either. I then tried to do it manually and it said “server can’t be reached”. I then realized I had internet access blocked on all my phones. I went into “My Verizon” and changed that restriction. I was then able to connect to the server and get the update which did fix the phone. Go to “settings” “phone info”...etc to download the new update. That being said, I am STILL looking to switch companies because of Verizon’s complete lack of any visible concern about so many unhappy customers. I think they just don’t care about any customer that isn’t a high-dollar smart phone data user.

0 Likes
AngKl

So after we check all this, it doesn't fix the problem.  I can't update software, delete messages and sometimes can't even see the right messages.

0 Likes