Trouble sending text messages
spfalz

I have had an LG Cosmos 3 for just under a year. Intermittently, over the last couple days, when I send text messages, I will get a failure message. This happens probably 8/10 times I try to send a text. I've been selecting the "retry" option, but it turns out my friends and family are receiving multiple messages about 10-15 minutes later. My phone is showing that I have perfectly fine service (full or almost full bars) and so far resetting, taking out the battery, etc, hasn't helped.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble sending text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
spfalz,  This most definitley requires our immediate attention. Has anything changed recently with your device? Are the numbers that you are sending these failed messages to the same or are they different? Please let us know so we can investigate further! Thanks.  ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
spfalz

These are different numbers (at least four in the last few days). Nothing has changed that I am aware of in terms of software/dropping it/etc.

0 Likes
emskwared
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the exact same problem over the past couple of days.  Never before this, but just the past couple of days, I have to retry sending almost every text message - usually multiple times before it will actually send.  This is happening regardless of what number I am texting to (it is not limited to 1 particular number).  Nothing has changed with my phone or service (that I am aware of).  My phone is a Samsung Intensity III.

0 Likes
Sam20

I too have a  LG Cosmos 3 (mine was purchased 1/30/15) and am experiencing the exact same frustrating problem, started last night 3/14! It alternates between saying msg failed (when in fact it hasn't) and sent.

0 Likes
sbrittig

My mom's Cosmos 2 has been experiencing the very same problem.

0 Likes
Harmphrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Intensity and I have this same problem as well
my friend does too

0 Likes
T-Fab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Briteside and it's been having that same problem since this morning! I am also experiencing a delay in receiving text messages, too. It will say stored much earlier than I actually receive it. What's going on?!?!

Harmphrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

my father, who has a samsung intensity II, also has this problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Harmphrey!  I'm sorry for this trouble! Are you using the text messaging application that came with the phone, or a 3rd party application? Please try these steps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/intensity-ii-troubleshooting-sms/    ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes