Trouble with email on Exalt LTE
Rbss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello-

I had been receiving email on my LG flip phone up until Feb.7th and then it stopped coming in. After trouble-shooting, I decided to delete the email account on the phone and start over. Now, it will not allow me to make a new account. It gives me a "Setup Incomplete" message, "cannot connect. Check the network settings & info info entered. Then try again." All my info is correct, but how do I check the network settings? Whether I'm at work or as home, I can't connect.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with email on Exalt LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be happy to get you pointed in the right direction, Rbss. You can find the Network Settings by clicking this link: http://spr.ly/66061Utoa You can also ensure your data is turned on by clicking here: http://spr.ly/66071Utox Are you able to access your e-mail on other devices without issue? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Rbss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello-

Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes, I am able to get email on other devices, so that's not a problem.

When I try to set up a new account I do not see the options in the setup for choosing what I need. Here are my guidelines for setup for this account:  

Imap Office 365

Server: outlook.office365.com

Port: 993

Encryption: SSL/TLS

Server: outlook.office365.com

Pop Port: 995

Encryption: SSL/TLS

Server: smtp.office365.com

SMTP Port: 587

Encryption: STARTTLS

For instance, when I select encryption on the phone, it doesn't give me the choice of "SSL/TLS" or "STARTTLS" which is what my setup specs say.

0 Likes
Rbss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reread my original post and so my update is that I was able to put my original account back in. That one is now working fine. But my work email, of which I just posted you, is the one I now cannot get up & running.

0 Likes
Rbss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I used a pop3 setting and got it up and running. Thanks !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Email account access is important. It is a concern that the account stopped working on your LG Exalt suddenly.  Were there any device application or software changes that occurred since your work email account stopped working? Have you checked with your IT department to see if the service is still compatible with your operating system?  SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great to hear! We are glad that changing this setting worked for you. Other than this concern please feel free to message us if you have any other concerns to address. We are always here to help if you need us. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes