Two Extenders in the Same House
lokithor

I have the Samsung wirless newtork extnder on my second floor. It seems to work pretty well, but on the second floor only. (they weren't kidding when they said a 40' range).

I'm interested in putting one on the first floor as well. Any issues with the slight overlap in coverage that is bound to happen when I set them up? Is it smart enought to go seamlessly from extender to extender, or from extener to cell tower to the other extender?

Or, is the worst case scenario that if I make/receive a call on the first floor, I have to stay on the first floor. Likewise with the second floor. This scenario is still better than not being able to do anything al all on the first floor.

Additionally, the first extender was purchased under a business account. When I log into the account management, there is no option anyway for managing the access list for the extender I do have.

thx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two Extenders in the Same House
Not applicable

Lokithor, thank you for your inquiry, you bring up some great questions. 

There shouldn't be any issues with overlap in coverage. To initially connect to the network extender, you need to be within 15 feet of the network extender. As long as the extenders are further apart than 15 feet, there should be no issues. Also, the network extenders will not automatically switch from one to the other. This is the same as when you are on a call and then walk into the house. You will need to end your call in order to connect to the network extender. 

Also, in order to access the account management for the network extender, you will need to be logged in as an account owner for the business account. Do you have full access to the My Verizon account? 

See here for additional details about the Network Extender. 

0 Likes
roar99

If you are using the Network Extender for Buniness you can cluster the extenders. It does require that you access the extender web interface and verify that the units are operating in a cluster mode.  Check the user manual under Clustering for detailed instrucitons on clustering.  Both units also need to be purchased under the same account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out of curiosity, did you happen to notice that the post you responded to was started in 2011? I highly doubt the OP would be back or still has an issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes