Two questions about Kyocera DuraXV LTE (programmable key malfunction, maladaptive T9)
RomaniGypsy

I've had this phone for a few days and have noticed some disappointing things. Maybe y'all can help."

1) I set PTT to "off", and set the programmable key to bring up the calculator. Yet, each and every last time that I hit the programmable key, it starts "Push To Talk Plus" and takes several seconds to boot the program and then exit out when I hit "decline". Why is this program starting when I have it set to "off", and can I somehow set the phone so that this doesn't happen?

2) The T9 doesn't seem to be adapting like it did in my old Casio G'zOne Ravine phone. To wit: I'll be texting something and want to use the word "a", as in, "I'm texting a message". I press the "2" button as always, and the letter that comes up is "b". The default letter is "b"!! So, my text looks like "I'm texting b message" unless I hit the "0" button twice to cycle to the choice for the letter "a". What the heck, anyway? No matter how many times I text "a", it won't adapt to where "a" is the default letter that comes up when I press the "2" button. Can this be changed?

These two things are supremely annoying and make me want to get rid of this phone in favor of buying a brand-new G'zOne Ravine from Amazon or somewhere similar to replace the one that just wore out after almost 6 years of faithful service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two questions about Kyocera DuraXV LTE (programmable key malfunction, maladaptive T9)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having your phone perform properly. We appreciate your 6 years of loyalty. We're here to assist. You mentioned 2 issues that your having, and we understand that this could be annoying. Lets work on one issue at a time starting with your PTT concern. What zip code are you located in? Do you know if anyone else in your area is having issues with the PTT feature? Did this issue begin as soon as you purchased the device?

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Two questions about Kyocera DuraXV LTE (programmable key malfunction, maladaptive T9)
RomaniGypsy

Actually I've been a Verizon customer for going on 15 years now.

Zip code - 44030

I don't know anyone else who has this phone, so I can't say if anyone else who has it is also having the same problems.

These issues started immediately after I purchased the phone, and continued happening even after the recent software update. I did a "live chat" with a Verizon support representative a couple of days ago and he couldn't figure out what's wrong either. Really, it's one of two things: 1) the phone is not working properly, 2) this is actually how the phone was programmed. Either way, I am not satisfied and I really don't want to keep this phone if this is the way it is going to operate. Due to these and other issues, my once blistering texting speed has been reduced in half and it isn't going to get any better as I become more acquainted with this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern. We want to make sure every option is looked at. How long have you had this device? Since this started, has a Master Reset or Factory Reset been completed? Is there any physical or liquid/water damage on this device?

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVEWID

Hi there. I too am having this same issue. My zip code is 44142. I received this phone in December and the PTT+ button does the same thing to me. I have it set up to turn on the flashlight, but the symptoms are the same. The flashlight does not come on, and I am redirected to an agreement page instead.

I've never performed a Master Reset or Factory Reset, and the phone has no physical or liquid/water damage.

Another issue that seems to be getting worse is the battery life. In December, when I received this phone, I charged it fully before turning it on. I was getting almost three days on a full charge. This is not as good as my previous phone, but manageable. Now I'm down to about one day on a full charge.

Can you assist?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVEWID, we want you to have the best experience with your phone. What phone do you have? What does the agreement page say? Can you assign any other functions to this key?

Concerning your battery life, what phone did you have before? How do you use this current phone?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pirate_jim16

I am having the same issue with my flashlight not coming on and my battery life has just recently became horrible.

0 Likes