Unable to call one phone number
jw12990

What does a red phone number mean in my contact list?  I am unable to access this number, but don't know why.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to call one phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That must be frustrating to have a number that you can not call.  Not sure why a number would show red in your contact list.  Have you ever blocked this number?  Have you tried to dial the number out right?  What error message do you receive when you try to make a call?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jw12990

I have never blocked this number.  I used to call it frequently.  I have tried calling the number out right.  I get a busy signal, but know that the line is not busy, as I have called the people on their cell phone to verify.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jw12990 Thank you for the additional information. Can you tell me if the number you are calling is a Verizon Wireless customer? Have you asked this person if they have blocked you? What phone make/model do you have?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jw12990

The number I am trying to call is a landline phone number.  The person has not blocked me.  I have a LG Extravert.  I figured out that the number is red in my contacts, because I have favorited the contact.  I think it has something to do with the towers in my area and the way the call is being re-routed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jw12990 Thank you for providing the additional information. Now that you have confirmed it’s a landline we know what is going on. Please have this person contact their provider to report the issue. They could be having issues with their towers. Please feel free to reach out to us should you require further assistance. http://vz.to/1iurlIn
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jw12990

The person HAS contacted their provider.  They claim the problem lies with the person making the call.  The landline is able to call me; I just can't call them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jw12990,

We never want for you to have issues with calling someone. Let’s make sure we get this resolved ASAP! Thanks for providing these extra clues. What make & model phone do you have? Have you been able to completely delete the contact from your phone & add it back in? Are you dialing the number with the area code?  When did this start to become a problem?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
jw12990

I have an LG Extravert.  I have not tried deleting the contact and adding it back in, but I have tried dialing the number outright with the area code and it's not working.  This started about 2 months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with calling one phone number jw12990. I would definitely try removing the contact and readding it back to the phone. Have you tried to call the number from a different phone to ensure its working?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes