Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unwanted Text Messages
MartyP_

I'm starting to get unwanted advetising text messages from unknown numbers. Is there any way to block these messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unwanted Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi MartyP!

I know unwanted text messages can be a real pain. There is a simple way to block these messags. Just login to vzw.com/myverizon, then click "Send a Text" under My Verizon. Under "Preferences" select Spam Control. This page will allow you to block all texts from web addressed and email addressed. This will block those pesky texts. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Unwanted Text Messages
uxo

I hope this gets to a number of you.....I received a notification from Verizon Wireless concerning Privacy. In it you have the option to "opt out" of sharing you CPNI (aka, private information) for adversitizing purposes with folks outside the verizon circle. The one statement on this notification that disturbs me is "You will receive mobile ads whether you participate or not, but under the advertising program, ads may be more relevant to you." .......I don't know about the rest of you but I DO NOT want ads of any kind coming to my cell phone and I DO NOT want Verizon deciding whether or not is is "rlelvant" to me! Do any of you share my centament or am I alone here?

0 Likes