Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V325i contact list
bucky48

Is there ANY way to save my contact list from my Moto V325i to my computer?  A year or so ago the local Verizon store was unable to do it.  I've been attempting a confusion of differently named syncing products with no success.  I'm using Win7 ultimate 64 bit.  One site tells me that my phone will work with Motorola Phone Tools version 4.xxx but when I download it, its transformed into Motorola Media Link and looks nothing like the instructions.  In any case, my computer recognizes the phone as a motorola modem and loads a driver which has automatically updated to something called Motorola helper.  The phone shows up in devices as as motorola modem, and when MotoCast (the latest name for whatever program I downloaded) is shut down I can query the "modem" and the identification as V325i comes through, though of course modem commands are not supported. 

The program in question attempts to interface with the phone but fails and gives up after a while.  No significant information is reported.  Am I reduced to paper and pencil for this?

The reason it's urgent for me to do this, is that I haven't found another phone that even with an antenna attached will get reception where I live.  An antenna jack is a must, and I'm not aware of any newer phone that has one.  The Moto755 did, but that phone gets poor reception.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: V325i contact list
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you tried bitpim?

(www.bitpim.org)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you tried bitpim?

(www.bitpim.org)

0 Likes
bucky48

Thank-you for the tip.  My phone is listed and I'm going to try it out.

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

It's been a while since I used it, but it worked well for my previous phone.

0 Likes
bucky48

Thanks so much for that good tip, tikibar1.  It works like a dream.  I should have known to try sourceforge where people actually know how to write software!

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

You're welcome.    Glad to hear it's working well for you.

0 Likes