VX8610 (Decoy) hard reset for a forgotten user lock PIN
kwaz

So I just bought this used Decoy but it was not factory reset before I got it.The ESN/IMEI checks as clear so I'm fairly certain it's not stolen. Trying to delete any contacts results in the 4-digit lock screen appearing, which has been changed from the default "last 4-digits of your number". I'm assuming the seller has no clue of the needed 4 digits (hopefully I'm wrong, but they have yet to reply to my email). I did attempt a hard reset using the 1809#*101# and 2945#*101# but that now just brings up the authentication message and to call #8899 when I attempt a call. For yet another wrinkle I'm not a VZW customer, I'm on an MNVO, but I haven't yet added the phone to any plans.

Is it possible to finish the hard reset this phone by myself through the CSRep. at #8899? Or can I get some supersecret PIN lock bypass instead of blind dialing 0000-9999?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VX8610 (Decoy) hard reset for a forgotten user lock PIN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kwaz. We want to make sure your phone is ready to use. I'm sorry you are having difficulty with the lock code. Since the phone will not be activated with Verizon Wireless, we would not be able to change the lock code to the last four of your phone number. The original owner would need to provide you with the lock code in order to reset the device.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes