Verizon Makes $90 screw-up and tells us it's our fault
dlvonde

I have a family plan with myself, my wife, my mom and dad.  Last December my Dad got a new phone and had it activated at the verizon store.  He also opted for the 6.99 Asurion insurance. After leaving he kept getting calls from people asking for my wife.  He went back to the Verizon store and they realized they screwed up and activated his phone with the wrong number (my wife's).  They fixed this and he went on his way.

Fast forward 11 months to November and my dad's phone gets broken.  No worries, he has the fancy insurance so he goes to use it and he is told his phone has no insurance at all.  I start looking into it and realize for the past 11 months his 6.99 insurance was going on my wife's phone from when verizon screwed up.  I call verizon the first week of November and am told they will try to get Asurion to swap the plan to his phone and to call back in a few days.  A few days later I call and explain the situation all over again to a very helpful lady but it's obvious nothing was done on the previous call.  They said they will NOW submit the claim to Asurion but they didn't expect the insurance company to accept the claim  (Why should they?  Verizon is the one who screwed up).

I called today to find out Asurion had denied the claim (no surprise).  I then said the very least they could do is refund us the money we've been spending for insurance on that phone (approx $90) that was never applied to the right phone due to their screw-up.  They called later in the day to say they would only refund 3 months worth because we should have been checking our bill.  I do check my bill when there are overages but excuse me I didn't think to check for Verizon's screw-ups!  So their screw-up is now my fault! 

Are there any other avenue's I can pursue to file a complaint to get back the money Verizon took from me for a service I never asked for (insurance on my wife's phone)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Makes $90 screw-up and tells us it's our fault
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

u can pursue arbitration but to be honest for 90 dollars is not worth it. to be honest you should put the insurance again on the phone and make the claim after 2 weeks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

u can pursue arbitration but to be honest for 90 dollars is not worth it. to be honest you should put the insurance again on the phone and make the claim after 2 weeks

0 Likes
Not applicable

If he would have looked at his bill it would have CLEARLY shown his line was not getting charged insurance and you're wife's line was. This is not some small thing that is difficult to find.

0 Likes
graysmama
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can only dispute 180 days worth of charges which is 6 months. You may be able to get a rep to credit you back the other three months but per your customer agreement that you agreed to when you set up service 180 days is the maximum you can dispute charges.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ya. I had found my bank screwed up over 3 years ago and it ended up costing me like $150 over those years, but they only went back 3 months and refunded me like $18. When I requested to withdraw every penny they sent me over to a V.P. for customer retention that asked me what he could do to keep me. I said give me my $132 you stole. He said no. I got my money and left that bank forever and told everyone I knew. The banks still there and I still tell my story. I'm sure it's cost them thousands of dollars of those that didn't get accounts there but apparently they didn't care.

0 Likes