Verizon Motorola Razr V3m Factory Reset
thisistoodifficult

Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on a Motorola V3m (not the Android version, the older flip phone)? There are online instructions to use the menu to find a factory reset option, but this does not appear to exist in the Verizon version of the O/S. I am thinking there is a code sequence to enter or a button sequence to press while powering up the phone. I don't see anything online.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Motorola Razr V3m Factory Reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all we can to help.  The steps are normally to:

1. Press the center select key.
  2. Scroll to and select Settings (may be Settings & Tools).
  3. Scroll to and select Initial Setup.
  4. Scroll to and select Master Reset
  5. If prompted for a Security Code, enter 000000 (or whatever you set it to).
  6. Select OK to confirm.

Please notify us if you have these options available.  We will be here for further assistance standing by.

-Sean

0 Likes
SaratogaSam

I also need to reset a Verizon Razr V3m, but my Settings & Tools menu does not have a n Initial Setup option, or anything else that seems to provide access to a Factory Reset option.  is there any other way to reset this phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SaratogaSam,

We want to do all we can to advise you on erasing data from this device. The following link will direct you to the .pdf user guide for this device: http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Motorola/Userguides/motorola-razr-v3m-um.pdf

Please note, the guide does not list that this device is capable of a factory reset. It does give instructions to "Erase All" in each of your Call History, Messages, Contacts and Photos. We recommend following the listed instructions to manually erase all of your data. I hope this information helps!

-Colin

0 Likes