Verizon Wireless Escapade in Paris
nigel

I have a Verizon Wireless Escapade that I bought specifically for International Roaming. Verizon assured me repeatedly that it was correctly set up and ready for France. I have now been in Paris for two days, and there is nothing! All it says is "Searching for Svc". I have sent three e-mails through Verizon customer service on this website and received absolutely no response. It appears that nobody at Verizon cares at all about any of their customers and nobody at their stores or phone support is competent to answer any questions.

Verizon! Are you there? Answer my e-mail. I can't call you because your service is not working, contrary to what you promised.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Escapade in Paris
budone
Legend

When you say they said it was ready, did they turn on the International Services to the phone??? Or did you go in and buy the device and they tell you it can be used overseas.

You must call once you get the phone to have international services activated.

If you can use another phone, call 908-559-4899 to reach Global Services

Good Luck

0 Likes
nigel

They told me that the phone could work in France and that it is configured so that it will work in France, both live at their store and on the phone. If they make a promise, how can one check other than flying over here and being dumped? I have sent three e-mails to their support system, which promises a response within 24 hours. If I call using the hotel phone, will they guarantee that they will pay? So far, they have broken every promise that they have made. Who would anyone be crazy enough to believe them?

0 Likes
ranaorn

If it say searching, then you may not be in GSM/Global mode.  Try this:

NetworkMode
From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings, press OK.
Scroll to Network Mode, press OK
SelectCDMA Mode, GSM Mode or Global Mode,pressOK

Can't hurt to look.  Make sure it is in Global or GSM... also make sure it is in CDMA or Global when you come back.

0 Likes
nigel

Thanks for your note. It is truly wonderful to get a response! The phone was set to "Global Mode". I tried switching to "GSM Mode", but that made no difference. It still does not work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

nigel,

I am sorry for any stress this has caused during your overseas trip. I can confirm the Escapade is designed to work in France. There may be an issue with the French carrier's service that you are roaming on. We do have a technical support team dedicated to users traveling outside the country. You can reach them easily at 908-559-4899, they are available 24/7. I hope the rest of your trip is safe and enjoyable.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nigel

Adam, how do you expect me to call them when the 'phone is not working? Saying that "I can reach them easily" is obviously untrue. It has now been six days since I first e-mailed Verizon asking for service. I have sent them seven e-mail requests, all asking for the same thing.  I got an e-mail on the fourth day asking for my sim card number, which I provided immediately. Since then, there has again been total silence.

0 Likes
Not applicable

nigel,

I'm sorry that I neglected to state you would need to call from another line, as with all standard troubleshooting, we do require you not be on the phone so we can get that working for you. I apologize our team has not responded to your request requests. Please send me a direct message, as I would like to assist as much as possible.

Thanks

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mr_Lee

Same problem. Called that number and it was just voice mailbox. "Enter the 10-digit mailbox you wish to contact."

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Mr.Lee wrote:

Same problem. Called that number and it was just voice mailbox. "Enter the 10-digit mailbox you wish to contact."

Be sure to call when they would be open. Also be sure to add the appropriate US international code in front of the number

0 Likes