Verizon does not value your time - Deceptive practices
Concerned_Customer

Just went through a three hour ordeal of attempting to add a line to my existing plan. I was offered a discount for a phone, and then told to go ahead and buy the phone without the discount, for the amount would later be credited to my account and removed from my bill. Now they refuse to credit the money to my account. Extremely annoying, especially for someone as busy as I currently am and incredibly disrespectful. I doubt I would be treated this way at Verizon's competitors.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not value your time - Deceptive practices
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Where did you buy the phone? I have never heard of ANY situation where a customer was told to go ahead and buy it at full price and be discounted later. How long ago did you buy it?

0 Likes
Concerned_Customer

I bought it online, straight from the source while talking to a customer service representative on webchat who was helping me with phone selection. Very dissatisfied.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have always ordered my phones on line.  You simply log into your My Verizon account, choose the phone, and choose the 2-year contract price.  It's very simple and takes 10 minutes at the most.  If you are eligible for a discount, it is automatically applied to your account.  The bill for the phone is added to your next monthly bill.  It could not be simpler or quicker.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry sounds like the OP is trying to get a subsidized phone without signing a contract.  The person could simply return the phone and probably get the restocking fee waived if this happened or sign a 2 year and get credited.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Concerned_Customer wrote:

I bought it online, straight from the source while talking to a customer service representative on webchat who was helping me with phone selection. Very dissatisfied.

What source?  Verizonwireless.com?  Or a third party re-selling Verizon phones and services?  As SydneyK said, I haven't heard of a situation where you  would buy the phone and be refunded a discount.  A rebate?  But in most cases, the online price already has the discount applied.... who were you buying FROM?  What website?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Ah, this sounds like a possibility, Tidbits. Concerned_Customer, when you sign into My Verizon, does it say you're on month to month?

0 Likes
Concerned_Customer

I bought the phone from the Verizon wireless website. In the process of choosing a phone, I used the webchat with a Sales Representative feature. The sales rep offered me a 50 dollar discount on all basic phones. I chose a phone, and we attempted to apply the promo code she had given me. For some reason, the promo code did not work. We troubleshooted for an hour and a half, and then she told me to go ahead and buy the phone and call Customer Service afterwards to get the 50 dollars credited to my account. I call Customer Service, get thrown around to a few people, and after an hour or so I am told that they have chosen to not credit me the amount after all.

I chose the phone I chose solely because it was marginally better than the free (even w/o the discount) phones offered. Three hours later, I have unwittingly purchased a 50 dollar phone and wasted half my day. I am still very frustrated and am hoping after God knows how much longer on the phone I can cancel or send the phone back for a refund once I receive it. I have either wasted many hours and fifty dollars, or, if I'm lucky, just a big chunk of time that could take several additional hours to remedy. Needless to say Verizon handled this situation very poorly. Perhaps they were hoping I would just give up and pay the fifty dollars. Who knows.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like the OP was trying to add the phone to her existing line and did not choose, 'Add a Line';

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

budone wrote:

Sounds like the OP was trying to add the phone to her existing line and did not choose, 'Add a Line';

nah, I think she did it correctly.  Based on one of the earlier posts, the whole issue is that a $50 promo code offered by the sales rep wasn't applied.

0 Likes