Very Upset. Calls dropping all day
katie101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am away at college in the 14478 area code, and every call I make ends up with the line being dropped. This is incredibly frustrating considering I need to stay in touch with friends and family. I have already tried turning my phone on and off and taking the battery out and putting it back in. What is happening

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Upset. Calls dropping all day
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried calling *228, then option 2 to update your preferred roaming list (the towers that your phone uses)?

0 Likes
katie101
Enthusiast - Level 2

what does that do?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in the earlier post, it updates your preferred roaming list (the towers your phone uses).  Sometimes updating that PRL can help with call quality/dropped calls.  It certainly won't hurt to try, as it only takes a couple of minutes.  You can do that with any phone, other than 4G phones; their SIM cards update the PRLs automatically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

katie101, we want to keep you connected to your family while you're away at college. Is this dropped call issue happening indoors, outdoors, or both? Which phone do you have? I recommend that you update the roaming capabilities on your device by dialing *228 and choosing option 2. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes