Voice mail box full. How do I empty it?
Dave_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Gusto 2 phone.  The device says I have no voice messages.  If I call the device when it is turned off, I get an error message saying the voice mail box is full.   How do I delete the voice mails without listening to them?

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice mail box full.  How do I empty it?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It says you have no messages....no NEW messages?  Do you have any saved voice messages? 

If you cannot access any messages to delete, then call customer service and see if they can reset your VM.

Re: Voice mail box full. How do I empty it?
Dave_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi SuzyQ,

Thanks for the response.  I did call tech support and they did delete my voice mail  Now when I push the voice mail button, I get a busy signal.

Before we started, the device showed no new or old messages.  If I want to listen to them by pushing the voice mail button, (and why would I) then the messages would come in and I would get charged.  My greeting clearly told callers to hang up and dial my land line.  The greeting also clearly said that messages left on my device would not be answered.   The messages must have all been robot-calls or some dummy who does not listen.

Now my question is:  Why do I get a busy signal when I push the voice mail button?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail box full.  How do I empty it?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did Verizon delete the messages, or delete your voicemail account?  A busy signal sounds like VM is not set up correctly or at all, indicated they deleted any voicemail associated with your account.

Try using You Mail - you can force all callers to listen to a message, and then it will hang up and not allow them to leave a voicemail (it's called "Ditch mail").  Google Voicemail is another option that may work for you.  Both have more (free) features than Verizon's native VM, and are easy to implement.

0 Likes