W755 Media Center unable to retrieve catalog. Try again later (3332).
smks

Hi.  I can't get my phone to connect in order to find the backup assistant.  I've already enabled the cloud backup, but can't download the backup assistant due to this Media Center error.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: W755 Media Center unable to retrieve catalog. Try again later (3332).
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there smks,

Backup assistant is my favorite application. I am clumsy when it comes to remembering numbers, even my own, so I understand the importance of utilizing this application.

The issue that you are having is that the W755 is an older phone on an older software version. This older software version does not support the new backup assistant application. The software to this phone would have needed to be updated prior to 3/25/2011. At this time we are unable to update the software to make the phone compatible with backup assistant.

Are you using the W755 temporarily? Do you have the contacts on a different newer phone? Have you backed up your contacts before? If you log into My Verizon and view your backup assistant list, are your contacts already there?

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
timlevin

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Are you using the W755 temporarily? Do you have the contacts on a different newer phone? Have you backed up your contacts before? If you log into My Verizon and view your backup assistant list, are your contacts already there?

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW

NicholasB and VZW:

I have the same problem described by SMKS.  I have a Moto W755 Cosmic Blue phone, and could not load the Backup Assistant.  I hope you can help me.  In response to your questions:

(1) I am not using the W755 temporarily (it is a very sturdy phone and is works well for my car phone);

(2) I do not have the contacts on a newer phone;

(3) I have backed up the contacts before using the Motorola Phone Tools (4.5.1), but I no longer use a Windows computer at home (use iMac), so the Phone Tools no longer works;

(4) my contacts do not appear on My Verizon ... the only things that appear there are instructions for how to use Verizon Cloud and Launch Wizard - neither of which work with the W755 Cosmic Blue.

Is there any way for me to sync or backup contacts with OS X or the cloud, or at least download my contacts for backup and transfer an updated set of contacts to my W755? 

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be happy to discuss your options with you timlevin.

Unfortunately, due to updates made to Media Center, you can no longer use Media Center or download apps to this device. This makes Backup Assistant unavailable. I am not aware of any other backup service you can use as an alternative option. The next time you get a new phone, we can transfer your phone's contacts using the phone book transfer machine in our Verizon stores. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try bitpim software:

Welcome to BitPim

0 Likes
timlevin

tikibar1 wrote:

You might try bitpim software:

Welcome to BitPim

Thanks for the suggestion, Tikibar1, but unfortunately, BitPim does not support Moto W755.

-Tim

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

This is not supported on the W755 any longer

0 Likes