W755 transfer to PC (not being recognized on PC)
seeker724

Long story short, I ran into my old Motorola W755 today. Tons of memories saved on that phone that I want to transfer over to the PC. I updated all the drivers I currently could and now when I plug it in to the PC via USB it now charges the phone, but it will not come up on the computer so I can't access. I went into device manager again and the only thing that has a yellow ! is Internet Access Server (assuming maybe its because the phone isn't in service). I already have Motorola USB Composite Device, Motorola USB Modem, and Motorola USB Diagnostic Port (COM3) installed. I googled everything I could think of and I can't seem to find an answer. Hopefully some one here will, would really like to safe keep these pics and vids.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: W755 transfer to PC (not being recognized on PC)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try BitPim ( http://www.bitpim.org/ ) - it allows you to see the system and other files on the phone via USB cable, and works where other methods don't.  If your specific model device isn't on the list, sometimes choosing one that is similar will work.

0 Likes
seeker724

Gave it a shot, but unfortunately no luck. Went through ALL the options, tried detect with every setting and no luck. I did try this P2K Commander and MSU combo. By running P2K Commander with MSU in the background it seemed to detect my phone...although my PC doesn't see it. I managed to find the right directory with the things I want to transfer...made a folder and transferred some photos to see how it worked...when I tried opening any of them...it says "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because the file is empty."....Seriously? Apparently on the left side in P2K Commander, it shows the file and its current size, yet when I transfer it, it comes over with no size. I tried viewing some before the transfer...same problem.

Any help appreciated. 

0 Likes
seeker724

I did just check Devices and Printers for the heck of it. It does show a W755 device. When I unplug my phone it does disappear. Plug it back in...and there it is again...gonna play around with it some more.

Hope to hear suggestions whenever. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
seeker724

Could it be the USB cable itself? I am using a random one that fits perfectly, as in I am not using the original cable that came in phone kit.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola phones seem to be particular about needing a Motorola-branded data cable for data transfer; I don't know if your phone is one of those 'particular' ones or not.  Have you tried transferring the photos via Bluetooth?

0 Likes
seeker724

Can't say I have. Never really even tried bluetooth with anything, never was in a situation that absolutely needed it. Gave it a shot nonetheless since my laptop seems capable of bluetooth. It showed the phone on the list of devices when searched. Double clicking did nothing, went into the phone and saw the bluetooth menu. Tried that and all that did was say "Place device you are connecting to in discoverable mode." Just pressed ok, attempts to search comes up with nothing. Maybe I will look into bluetooth a little bit, I hear about it often, but again just never seem to need it.

Also will be looking for my original cable...probably stuffed in a box with old PC/Electronic accessories...awesome lol.

Thanks for your insight!

Yours too Suzy, never did thank you for your input earlier.

Much appreciated, I'll be back soon!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes