Wet phone
GARKET59

My LG un170 went through the washing machine. It was on when this happened. It's dried now. I try to power on but the screen will only blink on and off with the LG logo. I tried holding the power and volumn buttons at the same time as explained in the troublshooting in the vlrizion web site. No luck. Is there any hope here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wet phone
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Nope it's dead. Were you 100% sure it was dry? Did you remove the battery during the drying process? At any rate you'll probably need to get a new phone. Don't bother getting a used one. Get one of the newer ones with LTE.

0 Likes
GARKET59

Thank You. Just trying to confirm its demise before further action. It

dried for about a week but some of the time I was trying to start it,GK

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:22 PM, boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

GARKET59 wrote:

Thank You. Just trying to confirm its demise before further action. It

dried for about a week but some of the time I was trying to start it,GK

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:22 PM, boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

trying to start it before it drying completely could have fried it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GARKET59, oh no, that's just some bad luck there. I'm saddened to hear your classic LG didn't survive the accidental wash. As BORINGUSERNAME pointed out, it's hard to get electronics thoroughly dried out to avoid shorts or other problems. Luckily, we do have a set of new basic devices which make use of the LTE network. You can check out those devices here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

Alternatively, you can also look to purchase a basic device from a 3rd-Party source, like eBay or Amazon. My recommendation if you went that route, is to make sure it was a device that was previously activated on VZW. If you have any additional questions about getting a replacement device, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

JohnTr_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes