What am I missing when using the Backup Assistant on the LG VX5200?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know the LG VX5200 is an old phone - and as such, it has (had) the old Backup Assistant through Get it Now, that is no longer accessible by these older devices.  My dilemma - I gave my mother one of our LG VX5200 phones a few years ago, and activated it on a line on our Verizon plan.  At that point it was $10, and she shared our 1400 minutes (old Nationwide plan).  We've since changed to the More Everything, then the new Verizon plan - we pay $20 for her line to have unlimited minutes/texts and share our data (but she uses no data on the 5200 flip phone).

That phone has pretty much died, so she sent it to me (she's in NY, I'm on the west coast) so I could transfer her contacts to another 5200 we still have that is in better shape and activate that one for her (she's 82, and keeping the same phone would be much easier than sending her a different one!)  I was able to use BitPim to get the contacts off the old phone in a csv file; I transferred the contacts into the cloud for her # on MyVerizon - I just can't seem to get them onto the "new" 5200 phone!  Sync "appears" to process, but no contacts show up on the device.  The "new" 5200 is activated and works with her number, but there are no contacts on the phone.  I CAN see her contacts when I log in with her number on MyVerizon.  They are in the cloud, but no on the new phone.

She only has 35 contacts, so I could just re-enter every one for her ... probably faster than the two days I've spent fiddling with BitPim to try and transfer things to the new phone.  BitPim detects the second phone but when I try and send the contacts (from the old phone, same model) it just reboots the phone and no transfer occurs.  What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant, LG VX5200 issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm replying to my own question.  After letting it all rest for a day or two, and tackling it anew this morning, it seems as long as there is at least one contact on the "send to" phone with BitPim, it works.  I manually added a few of Mom's contacts, then tried the sync again with BitPim.  This time it worked beautifully!  All her contacts are now on the "new" 5200, it's activated, I called her home this morning with it and we talked for nearly an hour, so calling works, as does texting.  And her contacts are on it.

It's already on its way back to her...and maybe this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm replying to my own question.  After letting it all rest for a day or two, and tackling it anew this morning, it seems as long as there is at least one contact on the "send to" phone with BitPim, it works.  I manually added a few of Mom's contacts, then tried the sync again with BitPim.  This time it worked beautifully!  All her contacts are now on the "new" 5200, it's activated, I called her home this morning with it and we talked for nearly an hour, so calling works, as does texting.  And her contacts are on it.

It's already on its way back to her...and maybe this will help someone else.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sweet!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes