What are ADS that appear on my LG Cosmos and how do I stop them?
PhilKe3fl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with an LG COSMOS. I get the slide-over ads on the bottom third of the screen which have to be handled before I can place a call. This is especially annoying when driving & I'm not supposed to do any hands-on with a phone. This has GOT to be able to be stopped!

If I were in an emergency and I was placing a call and one of these ads came up I'd have to spend about 30+ seconds handling the ad before I could call 911. Where is the logic here? Calls should take presidence over ads!

<Branched to a new discussion to fit the topic and the age of the original thread.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What are ADS that appear on my LG Cosmos and how do I stop them?
PhilKe3fl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, that's fine I found a possible solution at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/841662#841662

pk

0 Likes
Re: What are ADS that appear on my phone and how do I stop them?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PhilKe3fl,

I can certainly understand your concern with unwanted ads on your device and I am more than happy to assist you in getting them removed. From what you are describing it sounds like you are receiving the Daily Scoop Ads. Provided below are the step by step directions you can take to stop these ads from appearing on your device.

Menu>apps>Daily Scoop>Menu - Change all of the settings to none or uncheck all that you have checked. In doing this going forward you will no longer see these advertisements.

Thank you,

Georgep_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: What are ADS that appear on my LG Cosmos and how do I stop them?
PhilKe3fl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Georgep_VZW

Thanks, I found the same advice the same day on a forum. It worked fine & now I have no "Ads" or scoops.

My suggestion to Verizon & LG is to make the scoops secondary and make calls primary. Right now if one selects these scoops one has to handle them before being able to place a call, while on the road & not allowed (illegal) to touch the phone it is impossible to place a call if a scoop has come in & needs to be handled.

This makes the user feel the phone has an agenda of its own & to H with the user. All devices should allow the user to select what will and will not be done and when. I should, in a perfect world, be able to select the scoops I want to see and then desi

gnate the order of precedence so I can have placing & receiving calls above reading scoops.

IMHO,

Phil, KE3FL