What does the red icon shaped like a house on my phone screen mean?
mamabearlongs

I have a samsung brightside cell phone and a red house shaped icon appeared on the top of my cell phone's s screen. I restarted my phone and the icon went away, but I would still like to know what that icon means.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does the red icon shaped like a house on my phone screen mean?
budone
Legend

Ya sure the, 'House' is not an open envelope with the flap up as in message sent or received, or a red house means message failed?  Just guessing

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This link shows the icons on the Brightside and tells what they mean - hope you can find it there.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046262&fm_seq=49062

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

the red icon shaped like a house means network extender. that means you were getting service off of verizon enhanced digital network. to see the red shaped house on your phone, go to settings>phone info>icon glossary>system status

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mamabearlongs,

The answers provided by the community were very good but I want to confirm the icon received. The extended network and roaming indicator, as mentioned by archeryhunter1993, is on page 32 of http://bit.ly/R80t20. Can you confirm this is truly the indicator received? If so, do you recall if it was solid or flashing? Flashing means extended network which is what archeryhunter1993 was talking about. Solid means roaming which will need to be reviewed if it occurs again. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

If i am correct, there is another icon just like the house that is red, except it is a solid read triangle, which indicates roaming. The red house is for verizons enhanced digital network.

0 Likes
mamabearlongs

I think the icon was solid.

0 Likes
mamabearlongs

I think it was the network extender icon though.

0 Likes