What is a good basic phone with a sliding QWERTY keyboard?
Lighthorse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am looking for Basic phone with sliding QWERTY keyboard, that will text and send pictures without a data plan.

I am now on disability and can't continue with the high cost of data plans.

I was using my Droid 4 but without Data turned on it will text but will not send pictures.

My daughter is sending me an LG-505c so I am hoping that will work but I would still like to get my calender on the phone also.

anyway I need ideas on what phones will work.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic phone with sliding QWERTY keyboard
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG ENV3 will work without a data plan, as will several of the older "multimedia" phones and basic phones.  My husband is still using an LG VX 5400; my mom uses an LG VX 5200 and both send and receive picture messages (though they are small).  Samsung Sway, Alias, LG Voyager, EnvTouch - all of these work without a data plan, and will send and receive texts.

View solution in original post

Lighthorse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also with Data turned off will the LG enV3 VX9200 send and receive pictures and text ??

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG ENV3 will work without a data plan, as will several of the older "multimedia" phones and basic phones.  My husband is still using an LG VX 5400; my mom uses an LG VX 5200 and both send and receive picture messages (though they are small).  Samsung Sway, Alias, LG Voyager, EnvTouch - all of these work without a data plan, and will send and receive texts.

Lighthorse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You,  I think I am aiming toward the LG enV Touch VX11000

So far it sounds good.

0 Likes