What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan? I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone. Thanks.
21Macey

What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan?  I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan? I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone. Thanks.
Weth
Legend

ItalianGem wrote:

Need to clarify something: You CANNOT change over to the New Verizon Plan if your phone line (s) is still under contract. The new Verizon plan eliminates contracts. Your phone line has to be OFF of contract to change to the new Verizon plan. I suppose you could always pay early termination fees to get out of your contract sooner, but you might want to weigh the pros and cons pricewise of doing that. ALL phones, including Basic, are now $20 per line per month. My jet pack is $10 a month from the previous $20. I recently switched from the More Everything Plan to the new Verizon Plan and I have an iPhone, 2 basic phones and a Wi-Fi jet pack on this new plan. Again this is a NO contract plan, as most cellular companies are changing over to no contract plans. Hope this helps.

I second Ann154. Your post is filled with complete misinformation.

You can switch to the new My Verizon plan at anytime, including if you are under contract. You will pay $40month line access instead of $20/month until your contract is complete, but you can take advantage of everything else in the plan. With Verizon, you can never pay the ETF and keep service. So advising paying ETF to switch or get a new phone is completely wrong again.

View solution in original post

Re: What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan? I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone. Thanks.
CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe it stayed the same; $20.

0 Likes
Re: What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan?  I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone. Thanks.
21Macey

Thank you!

0 Likes
ItalianGem

Here are the new pricings. Please note also that the new pricing for smart phones is $20 now, not $40.

On the new plan, every smartphone and basic phone line is $20 per month, tablet and Jetpack lines are $10 per month, and connected device lines for devices like smart watches are $5 per month, all the time. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The line access fee on the Verizon Plans is $20 for phones that are out of contract. It is $40 per phone that is still under contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ItalianGem

Need to clarify something: You CANNOT change over to the New Verizon Plan if your phone line (s) is still under contract. The new Verizon plan eliminates contracts. Your phone line has to be OFF of contract to change to the new Verizon plan. I suppose you could always pay early termination fees to get out of your contract sooner, but you might want to weigh the pros and cons pricewise of doing that. ALL phones, including Basic, are now $20 per line per month. My jet pack is $10 a month from the previous $20. I recently switched from the More Everything Plan to the new Verizon Plan and I have an iPhone, 2 basic phones and a Wi-Fi jet pack on this new plan. Again this is a NO contract plan, as most cellular companies are changing over to no contract plans. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The customer can change from their current plan to the Verizon Plans while still under contract. Verizon Wireless wouldn't have stipulated a different line access fee for contract customers on the Verizon Plans if they couldn't switch until the contract term was completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

ItalianGem wrote:

I second Ann154. Your post is filled with complete misinformation.

You can switch to the new My Verizon plan at anytime, including if you are under contract. You will pay $40month line access instead of $20/month until your contract is complete, but you can take advantage of everything else in the plan. With Verizon, you can never pay the ETF and keep service. So advising paying ETF to switch or get a new phone is completely wrong again.