When my phone has been idle for a while and I check it, the inner screen says "Authorization Error, We're sorry - we are unable to authorize your account. Please try again later.
Trentac53

I have an LG flip phone.

When my phone has been idle for a while and I check it, the inner screen says "Authorization Error, We're sorry - we are unable to authorize your account. Please try again later."

The thing is, I am not having any problems with my phone that I know of. I can make and receive calls and texts.

This is not a smart phone.

And I have the blue tooth turned off.

Please help me figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When my phone has been idle for a while and I check it, the inner screen says "Authorization Error, We're sorry - we are unable to authorize your account. Please try again later.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trentac53,

That is definitely odd and we want to make sure your phone is working as it should. We're glad that you're not having any trouble with the service. How long has this been going on exactly? Have there been any changes to the device since this started such as new apps or updates?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When my phone has been idle for a while and I check it, the inner screen says "Authorization Error, We're sorry - we are unable to authorize your account. Please try again later.
Trentac53

Thanks for your reply. Here are answers to your questions.

I bought a Galaxy-5 from my local Verizon store so they turned off my flip phone.

I didn't like the Galaxy-5 so I returned it several days later for a refund and they turned my flip phone back on.

The problem started then.

I haven't called them about the problem, hoping I could solve it on my own.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-trent-

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trentac53, that is very strange to have happened to you. Lets figure out what's going on. Is this a prepaid account or postpay? Have you been able to use the phone for making calls or sending texts?

Have you tried dialing *228 on the device and then option 1 to activate?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Trentac53

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I can make and receive voice calls and text messages just fine.

My account is a normal monthly billed account.

I just now did the *228 and chose option 1 per your suggestion. It worked fine and it said my phone is activated.

I don't know if the problem has been solved yet, so if not, I will email you again.

Thanks in advance.

Trent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tentrac53-

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue so you can continue enjoying your phone. Dialing *228 Send certainly updates your phone to the nearest cell site and it is recommended you do this every 3 months or if you go out of state. Please keep us posted if this issue continues, we want to help when you most need us.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Trentac53

The problem still occurs several times a day.

What now?

Trent.

0 Likes