When transferring my upgrade Vz added Data Bundle to my basic phone
hoopdaddyjjs

I have Nationwide Family plan with 4 dumb phones and one iPhone where my son pays his $30 per month data.  I transferred my upgrade (LG Octane) so he could buy the new iPhone which all went well except that my bill now shows "2GB Data Bundle with Email" added to my phone for $30.  Makes no sense that I would need that plan with my basic phone.  What's up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When transferring my upgrade Vz added Data Bundle to my basic phone
Not applicable

Even though your transferred the upgrade the upgrade counts against your line. Your line gets the contract extension. Technically your line upgraded to a smartphone and Verizon has new policy where you must keep data on a line for 2 years even if you switch that line back to a basic phone. They did this because unlimited data customers who weren't entitled to upgrades were using a loophole and upgrading basic lines to smartphones then swapping phones and cancelling the data and putting the basic phone back on that line in order to get an upgrade they weren't entitled to. Unfortunately people like you get caught in the middle because unlimited data customers were abusing the system. It stinks but you're stuck paying that $30 for the next 2 years.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When transferring my upgrade Vz added Data Bundle to my basic phone
Not applicable

Even though your transferred the upgrade the upgrade counts against your line. Your line gets the contract extension. Technically your line upgraded to a smartphone and Verizon has new policy where you must keep data on a line for 2 years even if you switch that line back to a basic phone. They did this because unlimited data customers who weren't entitled to upgrades were using a loophole and upgrading basic lines to smartphones then swapping phones and cancelling the data and putting the basic phone back on that line in order to get an upgrade they weren't entitled to. Unfortunately people like you get caught in the middle because unlimited data customers were abusing the system. It stinks but you're stuck paying that $30 for the next 2 years.

0 Likes