Where can I find charger for LG Cosmos?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

Happened to lose or misplace the home charger for an LG Cosmos. Where can I find one that will work with it for a decent price? I actually just tried hooking it up with the charger for my Samsung Intensity II and it asked to check if this was the proper charger. Well I just pushed a button and it started charging.

Might this just be fine to use that charger or should I not be doing that. I don't want any issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where can I find charger for LG Cosmos?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I recommend Amazon for a low priced replacement LG charger (less than $5 including shipping).  The charger from your Intensity probably will be OK, but it is always best using OEM if possible.

Good luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I buy OEM accessories off ebay.

0 Likes
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

Amazon and Ebay are good options. Generics are cost efficient.

OEM's are good for longevity of your device because they don't use sub-standard materials. Its made by the people who made your phone.

Just increases the life of your phone.

You can use generics and for the most part you will be find. Up to you.

0 Likes
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

That would bring out the question, how do you tell if it is legit OEM? Cause I know so many places probably claim it is OEM but it may not be. But who knows maybe I'll just use the charger I have and have a new phone before I need to worry about a charger for this phone.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

To tell if an item is OEM, I carefully read the description and reviews provided on an item.  That is one reason I prefer Amazon over eBay for important items (I do use both but the info is usually better on Amazon).  If I just want something cheap, I can usually find it at a lower price on eBay.

Yes we all know there are knock-offs out there, but a little research goes a long way.  And as you have found out, other brand chargers do work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In regards to replacing the charger for your device, to avoid future complications, you will want to make sure its replaced with a LG approved charger. Using a charger from another model phone or from a different device may temporarily work but in the long run will usually do more damage then good.

Provided below is a link to our website with the specific charger your Cosmos device uses, however as long as it is a approved LG charger your device will function and charge properly.

http://search.verizonwireless.com/?market=53520&q=EMICUSBDTVL9FT &p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

Thank you,

GeorgeP_Vzw

Follow Verizon on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes