Which is the most basic phone for the aging parent?
Janbo130

I know this is not the usual question, but here is the short explanation behind it. My Mom is in a nursing home and has a special friend or significant other. I recently added her to my account from Jitterbug so it would be cheaper for them to chat when they can't be together. Both are now on Verizon.  However, we have had so many problems since the switch. I got her a LG Revere.  Good phone, but it seems so much more than she needs and she is not techie at all. She is forgetful and can't remember how to make a call. Her grip on the phone ends messing with the volume so that she can't hear the ringer or hear when I talk to her. That is the biggest problem. So, the question is..... Should I invest in another phone?  Is there another basic phone that would be simpler? Closer to the Jitterbug, which she didn't have problems with.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which is the most basic phone for the aging parent?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try finding a Samsung Knack on ebay or somewhere ... it's pretty simple.  Or just work with her on using the Revere.

0 Likes
Re: Which is the most basic phone for the aging parent?
Janbo130

Yeah, I've tried to work with her on various ways to call trying to find the one that makes sense to her. Probably will do that again.......

0 Likes