Who can we beg to change phones before our contract is up?
MaryD53

Who can we beg to change phones before our contract is up? We can change to a smartphone, but not to another basic phone.  My husband and I have been customers for 14 years. We both want to change to the LG Exalt but not for $200 ea. could we trade our 30,000  points for permission to change phones at the 2 year contract price of $0.00? Is there someone I can beg?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Who can we beg to change phones before our contract is up?
Not applicable

What's the point of signing a 2 year contract if you want to end it before 2 years? You don't even state how much time each of you has left on the contract.

MaryD53

WOW. I didn't mean to offend. I want to keep my contract, just change phones. I think of my contract with my plan, not my phone. If I wanted to switch to a smart phone, I can do that, so I think I should be able to switch to a different basic phone instead. It's just something we would like to do. Not meant as a complaint, just a wish.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not offended. I'm just stating that if Verizon lets everyone upgrade before 2 years a 2 year contract means nothing. You can get a discounted upgrade when your contract is done. The whole point of a contract is that you got a device at a discount. Your guarantee to stay 2 years or pay an ETF is what pays off that discount.

rcschnoor
Legend

You can change to a smartphone OR a basic phone anytime you wish. If you are not eligible for a discounted upgrade BECAUSE you have not yet fulfilled your promise to complete a 2 yr agreement for your LAST discounted upgrade, then Verizon will not give you a discount on a phone and would simply have to pay full retail cost.

You can borrow an old unused phone from a friend or relative to carry you over until you are eligible and simply activate it on your account OR you could purchase a slightly used phone from a site such as swappa.com if you are unwilling to pay full retail.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

MaryD53,

We want you to love your devices that you have. We truly appreciate your many years of loyalty. Are you looking to upgrade early due to issues you are having with your current device? If so, what device type and what type of issues are you having? When is your actual upgrade date? Dial #UPG?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes