Why Does My LG Cosmos 3 Keep Loosing Signal?
Mcrmbltt

I wrote a while ago about my LG Cosmos 3 keeps loosing signal. It is still doing it and may be getting worse. Since purchasing this phone to replace a lost one I was always able to get good reception and connection in my home. Then a bout a month ago it starting loosing the signal connection and killing my battery. Never had this problem before. Now seems to be getting worse. To compensate the bad connection I sit it on the window sill while in the house. But now that even started doing the same thing. Every time I check it, it seems to be searching for signal. Verizon's service is really getting bad, at least in my area. I do not incur this issue when I step out of the house. In fact, the other night I was in a bowling alley and the signal was not lost at all. You think it would have been with all the interference and such. So I believe the tower(s) in my area are having some real issue of late. My community is located between Woodlawn, Md and Catonsville, Md. There were never any issues when in the house. Now it is constant. Not sure what can be done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still Loosing Signal
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you dial *228, then choose option 2 (to update the Preferred Roaming List), does that make any difference in your signal?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the wireless experience that we want you to have with us, Mcrmbltt. You should not have to sit on the window sill to get service. Let's work together and troubleshoot the service and signal issue. What zip code are you having service issues in? When did this issue start? Since the issue is at your home and not at the bowling alley, we can focus on the area for our investigation. As you share the details then we can proceed.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mcrmbltt

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this issue. My zip code is 21207. The lost signal and constant searching for signal started about 3 months ago now. When I first purchased the Cosmos3 it was fine. Could let it sit for days with no battery drain due to lost signal and constant searching. It is still doing the same thing, if not a little worse. Tried to make several calls today from home and they would not connect. Phone would just go back to start screen. The signal loss is worse than ever. I believe there is something going on in my area with connection to the tower. Before I lost my other phone, Samsung Alias2, I never, ever had a problem. Not sure what is going on with this Cosmos phone. As stated, it was fine for the first few months. Not it is just [Removed]. At this point I am sorry I got it. I have to leave phone sitting by window and use my blue-tooth ear piece when receiving or making calls. But now that is getting impossible. I am convinced now that something is wrong with the signal in my area. Never, never, never had a problem before with old phone, or this phone until 3 months ago. I had been to the local Verizon store and they could not figure it out either. Oh, also, the reception and signal are fine when I am in other areas and inside buildings elsewhere.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Mcrmbltt

Okay, I cleaned up the language on this. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this issue. My zip code is 21207. The lost signal and constant searching for signal started about 3 months ago now. When I first purchased the Cosmos3 it was fine. Could let it sit for days with no battery drain and constant searching for signal. It is still doing the same thing, if not worse. Tried to make several calls today from home and they would not connect, keeps dropping out. Phone would just go back to start screen. The signal loss is worse than ever. Before I lost my other phone, Samsung Alias2, I never, ever had a problem. Not sure what is going on with this Cosmos phone. As stated, it was fine for the first few months. At this point I am sorry I got it. I have to leave phone sitting by window and use my blue-tooth ear piece when receiving or making calls. But now that is getting impossible. Never, never, never had a problem before with old phone, or this phone until 3 months ago. I had been to the local Verizon store and they could not figure it out either. Oh, also, the reception and signal are fine when I am in other areas and inside buildings elsewhere.PLEASE HELP.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you dial *228, then choose option 2 (to update the Preferred Roaming List), does that make any difference in your signal?

0 Likes
Mcrmbltt

Thank you tikibar1 for your help. I will try that and see if makes a difference.

0 Likes