Why am suddenly getting dropped calls at home?
olehippy52

I have had Verizon for 4 years without getting dropped calls at home. All of a sudden both my wife and me are getting dropped calls at home. The phones work great every where else, they are useless at home. I went to my local Verizon store and asked why. I got all kind of excuses. One guy said it was because we were off contract and got different towers than contract. I went back yesterday and talked to a lady that seemed to know more. She said our phones were broke or out dated.  I asked if we went back on contract and got new flip phones would it fix it. She said "probably." I said I had know for sure as we need our phones to work. I have cancer and my wife runs a dog rescue. She said the only the sure to fix it for sure was to get smart phones as you get more towers. We don't want smart phones! She said on the flip phones the antenna wears out them and again how you get more towers with the smart phones. I said bullshit and left mad as hell. We live in a very rural area in Ga. and there is not much reliable carriers except Verizon.

I have to have a reliable phone as the is how I can keep in touch with the Mayo Clinic in Jax Florida. This can be a life or death situation as the cancer I have is very rare and the Mayo is keeping me alive.

I don't know what to do as I can find no number for real help.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am suddenly getting dropped calls at home?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important service is for you and your wife olehippy52 and I'm sorry you are now having issues at home. I also want to apologize for the experience you had at the store location. The information given to you should have been provided with some investigation and a better explanation. We can look into the area issues especially if you had service before and now have problems. What is your zipcode? What two phones do you and your wife have? You can usually dial *228, send and option #2 to update 3g phones. You can reach out to us here via private message, by phone to talk with tech support, chat, or social media. Once we speak with you, we can get started with an investigation to get this fixed and keep you with our family. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

olehippy52 We understand how important you phone service is to you. we want to determine the service issues which you are experiencing. You have been a customer for 4 years and we would like to continue provigin your wireless needs. How long have you had this issue? You mentioned that the phones are useless, please share more details. What happens when you make or receive a call? We can also give you a call when it is convenient fr you to discuss opening a ticket for our network team.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
olehippy52

We have had this issue for almost a month now. We both have Convoy by Samsung. As for useless they either immediately drop the call or within minutes. Our neighbors about a mile from us have the same problem, they have smart phones and Verizon. We have done the *228 thing several times and still no joy. Something has changed. My wife wants to drop Verizon and go to Walmart and get something else. I am trying to be patient and keep Verizon. It would be useless to try to call us as you would probably get dropped. I like the  Convoy as it is one of the only phones I can hear clearly on as I am also hearing impaired. We need a tech in this area to check out the problem. I really want to keep Verizon but I am also getting frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello olehippy52, the last thing we would want is to lose you as a customer. We understand how important it is to have service. Can you please provide the zip code in which the issues occur? Is the issue both indoors and outdoors? Also, have we submitted a resolution ticket to our Network Team previously? To get started on a ticket, we can be reached via these mediums: http://vz.to/19p59Ec

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
olehippy52

Our zip is 30420. We live about 2 miles north of there right off hwy 121. It doesn't matter if you are indoors or out. Like I said earlier our neighbors about a mile away are also having the same issue. We can see a tower about 2 miles away from our home. This is ridiculous as we always had good service and all of a sudden none. Please Verizon, Fix this! Send a tech out here soon! If you don't really want to lose us as customers, put your money where your mouth is. Why did Verizon make this a dead zone all of a sudden?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

olehippy52,

I am so sorry to hear of the service issues you are having at your home. We don't want to lose you and want to make sure you have the best service possible. I have checked your zipcode and see there may be some network opportunities in your area. Have you had an opportunity to open a resolution ticket yet to have our technicians check your coverage? If not, please private message me so we can access your account and make sure the ticket is opened.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
olehippy52

How do I private message you?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  lindseyt_vzw

0 Likes