Why are my contacts not recieving my texts?
tls86

My LG Cosmos 3 says texts are sent but several contacts have not received the texts so I'm thinking my phone is the common denominator so it must be my phone. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG Cosmos 3 says texts are sent but several contacts have not received the texts so I'm thinking my phone is the common denominator so it must be my phone. What can I do?
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

We appreciate you providing us with these details, tls86. Let's try a few things to see if we can get those texts flowing.

If you send yourself a text message, does your phone receive it every time? Please try dialing *228, and then choose option 1 to reprogram your phone. After it turns back on, please power off your phone, and remove the battery. Place it back in after 15 seconds, and power it back on.

Please try sending individual texts to your son and daughters, see if they receive them. Then also retest by sending a group message to them all. Let us know if they receive them. Thank you!

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My LG Cosmos 3 says texts are sent but several contacts have not received the texts so I'm thinking my phone is the common denominator so it must be my phone. What can I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you stay connected, tls86! Does this happen with the same contacts every time? Are these users with Verizon Wireless or another company? Did you just recently activate this Cosmos 3?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
tls86

It happens with my son & daughter who are not with Verizon and my daughter who is with Verizon. My LG Cosmos 3 was activated in October 2014. The first time I know about was when I sent a group text. Daughter with Verizon received the text but other 2 kids did not. It took several attempts for other daughter to receive it and son finally just called instead! Today, daughter with Verizon has not been receiving my texts. Very frustrating!Tracy Smith

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

We appreciate you providing us with these details, tls86. Let's try a few things to see if we can get those texts flowing.

If you send yourself a text message, does your phone receive it every time? Please try dialing *228, and then choose option 1 to reprogram your phone. After it turns back on, please power off your phone, and remove the battery. Place it back in after 15 seconds, and power it back on.

Please try sending individual texts to your son and daughters, see if they receive them. Then also retest by sending a group message to them all. Let us know if they receive them. Thank you!

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tls86

Sent myself text message as well as a forwarded text and received them. Did the reprogram and battery removal as instructed. Sent text message to my daughters and son. They each received individual as well as group text and forwarded texts. Either problem is solved or it's all a fluke. Time will tell. Thanks so much for the input, AntonioC_VZW!

0 Likes