Why can't I access my VM from home?
Mopar70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dropped my phone yesterday while working and had to get a replacement phone.  I'm using my wife's Samsung at the moment, but have been trying to access my VM from home, why won't it work? I dial my cell # and the recording goes on and on even with using *86, pound, or anything so I can input my password, and nothing works, it wants me to leave a message.  I'm frustrated. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I access my VM from home?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To access your voicemail from another phone, you should dial your phone number. Then when you hear your greeting, press the # symbol to interrupt it. At that point, you will be prompted to enter your password.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Mopar70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info but I've tried it probably a dozen times so far and it won't do it.  Not sure why and it's annoying.  Even my wife's tried it from her cell phone and it doesn't work.  At this point and time, I'm ready to say forget it and when my replacement phone finally comes in, my wife can access the VM for me. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should work. I accessed my voicemail with those steps after I posted it to verify my memory was correct.

Your voicemail was setup and working before your phone broke, right?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

could be an issue with your vm box

call customer service

0 Likes