Why can't I access my voice mail?
bubbly13

i dont know whats going on but i have a LG Cosmos 2 and the voicemail wont open. every time i try it tells me that i dialed wrong. all i usually did was hit 1 and send. it says it's voicemail but it isnt opening. what do i do it's so frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail problems! LG Cosmos 2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service and see if they can somehow reset it.  800-922-0204, option 4 for "Other", then say "Agent" - used to be just a few minutes but the time on hold seems to have increased lately.  Still, if you can find a time it's probably just a reset they can do to fix this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps the speedial for "1" got changed... try dialing *86 (the voicemail shortcut #).  If that doesn't work, just dial your own 10 digit # from your handset and it should connect to VM.  (This works in and out of your home area.  *86 only works when you are in your home area).

0 Likes
bubbly13

ive tried everything. the speedial is still the same so I don't know what it could be..

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service and see if they can somehow reset it.  800-922-0204, option 4 for "Other", then say "Agent" - used to be just a few minutes but the time on hold seems to have increased lately.  Still, if you can find a time it's probably just a reset they can do to fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues with accessing your voicemail bubbly13. I recommend editing the speedial for voicemail. I will list the steps below. Please let me know if this helps. By removing the voicemail from speed dial, you will have the opportunity to call  your voicemail via *86 or by your ten digit number.

Edit the voicemail number
  • From the main screen, press OK to choose MENU.

• Select Messaging then press OK.

• Press the left soft key to choose Settings.

• Select Voicemail # then press OK.

• Edit the number then press left soft key to choose Add.

• Select an option then press OK. Add Wait Inserts a hard wait, causes the system to wait for additional input before continuing. Add 2-Sec Pause Inserts a 2-second pause between the number dialed and the additional numbers. Each additional p will add 2-seconds to the pause.

• Press OK to choose SAVE.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes