Why can't I receive certain pictures from smart phones?
Dali-Nana

Why can't I receive certain pictures from smart phones?  It doesn't seem to matter what type of smart phone or provider. I can get some pictures that are sent but others I cannot?  My phone is a basic phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I receive certain pictures from smart phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dali-Nana,

That is definitely odd to hear and we want to help. Depending on your devices capabilities there may be some images or types of media that cannot be read on your phone. Are you aware of the file types, formats and size of the messages that are not being received? Do you receive a specific error message with certain picture messages?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dali-Nana

I do not know what file types, formats, or size the pictures are & I don't know how I can find that information on my phone. It tells me the "Message Receipt Failed" after it shows it trying to "download" the pictures.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Without specific examples and details of the phones involved, this is just educated guessing.  If the smartphone sends a picture in PNG format but your phone can only understand JPEG or JPG format, then your phone will not be able to display the picture since your phone doesn't know how to translate that file into a picture.

another possibility is the picture is too large for your phone to handle. 

In both cases there is nothing you can do.  You can ask people to send scaled down pictures in JPG format, but that will be a pain for them.  There is definite limitations with a basic phone that is geared toward calling and basic texting only.  You are seeing that.  Options are accept it, or move to a computer in the hand (smartphone). 

0 Likes
Dali-Nana

Thanks

0 Likes
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another option might be to ask if the sender can email you the photo - you may be able to view the photo as an attachment.

Dali-Nana

Great...I will try that. Thanks so much!

0 Likes