Why can't I text one contact. The rest are fine
Angieb303

I have been texting my friend for awhile. Then one day we were texting and she just stopped getting my text. No error message or anything, they just don't got to her phone. I just have a basic slide phone. She can text me from her iphone and I get it, but if I text her she does not receive it. No one changed phones or numbers or anything. It just stopped working one day. Everyone else gets my texts, including other iphone users. How do I text her? I deleted all of our texts and tried to start a new one but that didn't work. I trying replying to a text she sent and that didn't work. Help please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I text one contact. The rest are fine
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angieb303,

Definitely sorry to hear that this has been happening, but we're happy to help. If everyone is receiving your messages and you are receiving messages just fine, it may be something with your friends device or line of service. I would recommend checking to ensure that no accidental blocks or anyhting of the like have been placed both on their account or with their device. As well, have you attempted to see if they can send you a message when iMessage is off or are you aware if they are receiving an error on their end? They can also check the settings of their device to ensure no settings would be preventing the message from coming through https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mzemk001

I have a LG spectrum and I have one contact that I does not get my text messages. I have been side by side and cannot get the messages to go through I can call this person and its not blocked but I may get a text out of the blue and its just random???? I went to the Verizon store and they could not find anything wrong with this device so I am sorta at a loss. does anyone know of anything that would fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mzemk001,

I am troubled to hear that you have been having this issue with your messaging service. I can assure you that we will figure this out so you can enjoy messaging going back and forth. Does this happen with one specific user or multiple? Are you getting an error message? Follow these step below and let us know if this resolves your issues.

From the Home screen, tap Apps (located at the bottom).
From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
Tap Apps.
Select Messages.
Tap Clear cache.
Note This option may not be available for some apps.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Acdita

I am having issues texting one contact. They can text me but i can not send anything to them. We both have verizon but they have an android. They checked and there is no blocks on me and no issues with their service. This seems to be a common issue with iphones and im getting really annoyed. I have tried deleting the conversation deleting their contact info adding a dial code to the contact and downloading verizon messanger and a third party texting app like go sms. Nothing is working. I need help with this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Acdita, I rely on using my text messaging everyday, so I know how important it is to ensure you are able to text every contact in your phone. When did you start experiencing issues with texting this certain number? Did you make any recent changes to the contact or your phone when this started? I understand you have an iPhone and the other user has an Android. Have you verified you are texting the mobile number and not attempting to message them via iMessage? Which iPhone do you have?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angieb303

I was blocked even though she thought she checked. 

0 Likes