Why can't my Samsung Alias 2 use backup assistant?
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I changed from one basic phone to another. The old one has backup assistant and it was already backed up.

The new phone is a Samsung Alias 2. It already had backup assistant on it. When I go to use it, it says it is trying to backup and shows probably what was it's old phone number, and it fails. I've read and tried over and over to remove backup assistant or to unsubscribe but I can't find that option anywhere. The phone even tells how but right away it's wrong because it says go to "Get It Now" and that menu isn't even there.

The phone makes and receives calls fine but I can't get my contacts onto it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Alias 2 can't use backup assistant
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I hope you still have the Backup Assistant app on your phone.

Try this

1. Open Backup Assistant

2. Press OK

3. Select Options

4. Select About. Don't just highlight it but Select it to get the About Screen to appear.

5. While in the About Screen type in *73738#   (Note the numbers will not be visible.)

6. If entered correctly Backup Assistant will shut down

7. Reopen Backup Assistant and follow the prompts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us goofy174

Let's get that device to be recognized. Please try this and retest: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/23572/

This reset will make the Alias set to factory settings. From the My Verizon page go to back up contacts and sync to device.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I hope you still have the Backup Assistant app on your phone.

Try this

1. Open Backup Assistant

2. Press OK

3. Select Options

4. Select About. Don't just highlight it but Select it to get the About Screen to appear.

5. While in the About Screen type in *73738#   (Note the numbers will not be visible.)

6. If entered correctly Backup Assistant will shut down

7. Reopen Backup Assistant and follow the prompts.

0 Likes