Why do I keep getting a "Sorry, your service doesn't allow you to complete this call" message?
meyerdel
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the message I receive when I try calling my girlfriend. The same number I have called for three years. We can text. She can call me. I can call other numbers. I just can't call her.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sorry, your service doesn't allow you to complete this call. Message DUO
meyerdel
Enthusiast - Level 2

She is the reason I bought the phone. She is the only person in my contact list, so she is the only person on speed dial, so nothing to compare to. After a day or so, re-check speed dial section. This time she wasn't listed. Every time I tried to enter her, it would not accept. Finally went to settings and tools, phone settings, security, entered code, restrictions, entered code, the un-lock setting, which allowed me to enter her number in speed dial...Whew!!! I have no idea what happened to cause the problem, but that's what solved it. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an interesting issue. Do you know if anyone else has trouble calling her? Is she with a different carrier? Have you tried any troubleshooting?

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
meyerdel
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one else is having trouble calling her. She is with Verizon also. Went through troubleshooting, all the way to making a test call, which worked just fine. Here's a couple of other clues: I can text her. She can text me. She can call me. If I actually type in her phone number, the call is completed. It seems just when I use the speed dial, I get the recording. All seems normal in speed dial section, as far as her number is still in the same position, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meyerdel,

We want to make sure that all your calls get through to her. Does tend to happen to you in a particular location when dialing? Are you having issues contacting other stored speed dial numbers?

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meyerdel
Enthusiast - Level 2

She is the reason I bought the phone. She is the only person in my contact list, so she is the only person on speed dial, so nothing to compare to. After a day or so, re-check speed dial section. This time she wasn't listed. Every time I tried to enter her, it would not accept. Finally went to settings and tools, phone settings, security, entered code, restrictions, entered code, the un-lock setting, which allowed me to enter her number in speed dial...Whew!!! I have no idea what happened to cause the problem, but that's what solved it. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meyerdel, that is definitely peculiar. Thank you for sharing your resolution we'll be sure note to try and resolve any similar in the future. Remember we're always here for support. Until you need us again, thanks for choosing Verizon and have a wonderful rest of your evening! KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes