Why do I need data if I switch to a basic phone?
clstrunk

I was going to get rid of my smart phone and go back to a basic phone when my contract is up. When I looked at the plans I see there is still data on the plan. That's the main reason I wanted to go basic is to get away from paying for data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I need data if I switch to a basic phone?
footballwizz692004
Contributor - Level 2

What you can do is as long as you have only a basic phone, no smart phone or tablet or anything else that requires data on the account, you can get the 700Minute plan with unlimited texting. That is $5 plus the $20 line access of the basic phone making it $35/month plus tax.

P.S. only know because I just did this for my grandpa. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

What plan are you on now? That would help.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you're really sticking with a basic phone, you're far better going off with a pre-play plan. There are some pre-pay plans that are $20 for unlimited voice and text, no data.   I don't want to steer anyone from Verizon, but Verizon's focus right now is not basic phones with basic plans. Verizon does have some pre-pay plans so start by looking at those but I would also look at others.

0 Likes
abcdeqwevzw

Can you do a pay-as-you go/no-contract family plan? Or does that defeat the purpose of pay-as-you-go/no-contract?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
footballwizz692004
Contributor - Level 2

What you can do is as long as you have only a basic phone, no smart phone or tablet or anything else that requires data on the account, you can get the 700Minute plan with unlimited texting. That is $5 plus the $20 line access of the basic phone making it $35/month plus tax.

P.S. only know because I just did this for my grandpa. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

wouldn't that be $25 plus tax?

0 Likes
footballwizz692004
Contributor - Level 2

Hush you!! LOL yes sorry $25 plus tax

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abcdeqwevzw,

That is a wonderful quesiton! I'm glad that you have brought this up. You are always welcome to do the family plan without any contract. If you provide your own equipment or if you by the phone at full retail cost. I hope that this was able to address your concern today.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes