Why doesn't the "upgraded" voicemail service provide time stamps like the old service? How do I know WHEN the message was left?
theweave

I just retrieved a couple of voice mail messages (one was almost a month old!) and was unhappy to discover that the "new" voice mail service does not give information as to when the message was left. The only way I knew when one of them was left is because the caller said what day it was. I do not use my cell phone very often so it is necessary for me to know WHEN messages are left, especially since sometimes they do not arrive right away.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why doesn't the "upgraded" voicemail service provide time stamps like the old service? How do I know WHEN the message was left?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can press "5" during message playback to hear the "envelope" info (date, timestamp).  You can also turn on envelope info in options, as suggested above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't the "upgraded" voicemail service provide time stamps like the old service? How do I know WHEN the message was left?
Ritarr1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try checking out the Options to see if you can turn it back on...there is a pdf file that is on the internet with instructions to the new voice system.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can press "5" during message playback to hear the "envelope" info (date, timestamp).  You can also turn on envelope info in options, as suggested above.

0 Likes
theweave

Thank you for your prompt response. I found the online diagram and was able to turn on the envelope (date/time) information. I am happy again 🙂

0 Likes
theweave

Thank you for your response! Your use of the term "envelope" information plus Ritarr1958's diagram helped me solve the problem. I appreciate the help!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Excellent!  Glad it worked for you!

0 Likes