Re: Why is it no longer possible to log in to Facebook from my basic phone?
Susie8899

someone from Verizon actually called me and suggested very similiar steps that you mentioned, have not tried it yet.  Don't want to lose the pics and have not had time.   Also do not have unlimited texting, so to send these all to an e-mail will add up.  Love my octane phone, and agree with earlier post that Social Beat is not as good

0 Likes
Susie8899

I agree Will in KC  I do not want to spend money on a more expensive data plan.  I was very happy with my lg octane.  Not everyone can afford the more expensive phones and data pack.  I would love to have the top of the line technology, every 5.00 makes a difference in my budget.   Someone from verizon did call me and suggested the master reset but have not tried it, but do not want to lose everything, I assume I would lose ringtones too that I have paid for.

0 Likes
bagray

I am having the same problem with my LG Octane, I was using it most of the day then when I went back into it, it asked me to log in, I didnt even log out, but when I tried to log in there was no "log on" button. I actually had to attempt to "create a new account" when I reconized my information it logged me in automatically. Dont know what is happeneing with my phone lately, but now I cant seem to send any text messages to facebook from my phone. I can receive messages from other people on facebook, just cant send them. When I do it tells me my messages have been sent, but no one is getting them. Then I have to go to Social Beat or My Verizon and utilize face book from there to send messages, but then with my 75mg data, well then can add up quick. Grrrrrrrrr.... I am thinking that part might be a facebook issue.. I really dont know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to fully enjoy the capabilities of your LG Octane bagray! Have you tried a basic battery pull with the device? Are you having difficulties with any other apps besides Facebook? Have you tried accessing the full website version versus the app? How about uninstalling the app and then readding it? http://tiny.cc/6isiww

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

is it working now... I had the same issue for month, Verizon sent out 2 new phones (reburbished Octanes) same problem. did the battery pull, reset etc. still no "letters" on the "log on" button. couldnt do anything. Went into Verizon store and they said its a software issue not a verizon service issue (wow so I was totally out of luck).

So what I had to start doing was "create a account" on the FB app and would put in my same (normal) info with email etc and it would as me if Im (my name), if as punch in your password and I would be all logged in to FB.

pain in the *** but now everything seems to be back to normal

I swear Verizon is trying to force us into using "smart" phone on their limited data plans smh

>>profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Why is it no longer possible to log in to Facebook from my basic phone?
will_in_kc
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I'm happy to say that Verizon made it possible to download the mobile Opera Mini browser to the LG Octane. After using it for a couple months now I'm liking it much more than the old browser. In fact, if you haven't downloaded it yet, I'd definitely recommend it, especially since they are discontinuing the old browser on Aug 31, 2013.

jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

Sadly the OPERA MINI has destroyed this phone. You cant do anything that I used to do with this multimedia phone. I cant watch YOUTUBE anymore, And cant do much of anything with it. It seems to me that they are forcing people to expensive smartphones.

0 Likes