Why is my Samsung Gusto vibrating when powered down?
Greenspey

I bought a used Samsung Gusto (SCH-U365) and it turns on just fine.  However, when you power it down, it vibrates softly and consistently.  I'm assuming that it would drain the battery if left powered down.  When the phone is powered on, there is no vibration issue.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Samsung Gusto vibrating when powered down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greenspey,

That's a great question and I'm glad you asked. I certainly understand where you're coming from but I can assure you there's no need to be concerned. Most devices, if not all, will vibrate when powered on, off, or both. They're designed that way and should not impact your battery life in a dramatic way.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Greenspey

Is it supposed to continue vibrating continually for minutes afterwards?  It doesn't stop vibrating at all.  I understand that many phones vibrate a second or two when powering down, but this Samsung won't stop.  It kept vibrating for 5 minutes straight until I pulled the battery.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd, Greenspey. Since you last powered it off and removed the battery, does it continue to behave in that manner? Is your phone set to vibrate only so it does not ring? If yes, when you raise the volume and power down, does it continue to vibrate in the same manner?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter VZWSupport

0 Likes
Greenspey

Yes, even after removing and reinstalling the battery the phone does the same thing.  I have altered the settings on the phone to numerous settings (vibrate only, silenced, ring at different levels) and tried "freeing" up the volume buttons by pressing them numerous times.  I have set the volume to full and to silence and nothing works.  It's very odd.  It's not a full vibrate, either.  It's soft, but noticeable. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just a thought - do you have a sound set for when the phone powers on or off?

Power - Control whether your phone plays sounds when you turn the

phone on or off.

1. From the Home screen, press the Left Soft Key

Menu ➔ Settings ➔ Sounds ➔ Power.

2. Choose Power On or Power Off to control the sounds.

Does the vibration continue if the phone is plugged in and charging?  Or does that not make a difference?  The vibration stops when you remove the battery, correct?  Does it happen if the phone is using house current (plugged in, no battery)?

I'm puzzled what would cause this...so the questions are to try and narrow down when it happens, so we can maybe figure out WHY it happens!

0 Likes