Why won't my device charge?
kathy_byers2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

All of a sudden my phone won't charge or stay on the USB cord when I try to charge is.  It is a generic USB cord, not a Verizon cord.  The port won't fully go into the phone port.  Do I need a true Verizon cord or could it be the phone?   Any help or suggestions, please?  Thank You.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All of a sudden my phone won't charge or stay on the usb cord when I try to charge is.  It is a generic USB cord, not a Verizon cord.  Any help or suggestions, please?
kathy_byers2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, but it still didn't work.  I took it to my local Verizon store and they couldn't get it to do anything.  I had to end up getting a new phone.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden my phone won't charge or stay on the usb cord when I try to charge is.  It is a generic USB cord, not a Verizon cord.  Any help or suggestions, please?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the cord doesn't fit the port, and it 's not charging, I would try a different cord with a connector that does fit.  Does a friend have a Verizon OEM cord? 

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden my phone won't charge or stay on the usb cord when I try to charge is. It is a generic USB cord, not a Verizon cord. Any help or suggestions, please?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see what we can do, Kathy_byers2000. Have you been able to locate the charging cable that came with the device? We do advise trying to charge the device with the cable it came to you with. You can also go to one of our Verizon Wireless stores and use the cables they have there to see if this helps. Let us know your results!

- KaitlanM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport. If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy_byers2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, but it still didn't work.  I took it to my local Verizon store and they couldn't get it to do anything.  I had to end up getting a new phone.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes