Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will a Samsung SCH-U340 work when CDMA is no longer active ?
bobager

Will a Samsung SCH-U340 work when CDMA is no longer active ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Will a Samsung SCH-U340 work when CDMA is no longer active ?
deloused
0 Likes
deloused

No

0 Likes
bobager

I talked to Verizon tech support regarding this issue.  The first support person was totally clueless about it.  After insisting on speaking to his supervisor, I got a series of evasive responses.  He would not reveal the cutoff date for CDMA service.  He claims that the Samsung SCH-U340 will work after the cutoff.  I informed him that his response was contradictory to the info on this forum.  I don't know why the cutoff date is such a big secret.  The live chat and the Ask Verizon services on this website are totally useless!!  I know 5G is supposedly the best thing since sliced bread, but I just want to be able to use a dumb phone to make and receive calls.  It would be nice to know when that will no longer be an option.

0 Likes
deloused

It's tentatively been planned for shutdown by the end of 2019, but since it's a ways out it could change. Prior to shutdown (usually about 1-3 months before) they'll notify all affected customers to provide options to continue service with another device however.

0 Likes